Twas the Night Before the Presentation...


'Twas the night before the presentation, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The dishes were drying by the sink with care,
In hopes that soap suds would not reappear;

The younger children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While the older two were working to bring home the bread;
Daddy in his gear, was taking a lap,
And I had settled down for a quick late night bath,


When all of a sudden I thought I heard a clatter,
I sprang from the tub to see what was the matter.
Away to the laptop I went like a dash,
Turned on the Dell and inserted the flash.

The glare of the night lamp had become a glow
Gave the computer screen an eerie halo,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a message on the screen, "Your report is not here",

With a frantic glance around, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be the stick.
More rapid than eagles my fingers they came,
I then jittered, and shouted, and called the programs by name;

"Now, Microsoft! now, EXCEL! now, ACCESS!  Please FIX IT!
On, POWERPOINT! on OUTLOOK! Oh what is the culprit!
To the top of the keyboard!  I may have to reinstall!
Now virus away! virus away! virus away all!"

And then, in a twinkling, I heard the system reboot
I began prancing and jiving with each little toot.
As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,
 I could hear the programs return with a bound.

 Then hubby returned, worn from head to foot,
His clothes were soiled with sweat and gym musk to boot;
A bundle of towels he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his locks how merry!
His cheeks were flushed, his lips boysenberry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard of his chin was as black as coal;

 A Fitbit clenched tight between his teeth,
His towel it encircled his neck like a wreath;
He had a broad chest and a flattened belly,
That did not shake, when he laughed unlike jelly.

 I told him what happened, pointing to the laptop on the shelf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to work,
And pushed all the buttons; then turned with a jerk,
And laying his finger aside of the Dell,
And giving a nod, a corrupted file he could tell;

He sprang to his feet, to the laptop he gave a whistle,
And away the viruses flew like the down of a thistle.
But all heard me exclaim, as he chased away my fright,
 "HAPPY PRESENTATION TOMORROW, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!"

 
Shatanese Reese is a freelance blogger who lives in Atlanta, GA with her husband and their six children.  Shatanese enjoys walks on the beach and color-rich sunrises.  Her goal is to find inspiration in the every day happenings of life.  Check out Shatanese on YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Son, The Marine

Puzzle Pieces, A Lesson For Marriages

Entertaining Angels